Sunday, January 13, 2008

Seasons still forthcoming

I wonder if Michael's is still open...

I have three of my four "portfolio in seasons" necklaces done. Summer is not coming together nearly as nicely. Part of it is a time issue- I've been cleaning a friend's house from "disaster zone" to "lived in" (they have 2 small children, 1 teenager, 3 cats, and 1 dog...and another exchange student/teen who arrived yesterday). Part of it is the fact I wanted to do wrapped links and I'm not nearly good enough to do them in the 20 gauge half-hard gold wire that is the last of my gold supply, so I gave that up. Part of it may be a sizing issue, in that there is not enough variety in the sizes of the beads to make it visually interesting or not enough spacing or something. We'll see what I work out this week.

Place holding picture of the summer planning tray-

No comments: