Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Art commences

So I started the seasons series last week- four leaf necklaces in the four predominant styles of my work (liquid silver, seed bead, wire link, adorned chain) in order to create a mini portfolio.

I'm usually fairly organic when it comes to design- I pick out beads I think work together and then just make something. This usually works fairly well. For a project like this, though, I need to plan more thoroughly. And I try to always challenge myself- Three of the four I feel like I have the practice of down. Standard styles/patterns for me. I decided to be a lot more challenging in the execution of the summer piece, and I think that will be a post all it's own.

Really, I started this project to use some of the multitude of leaf beads I own. I'm at least working through that bit.

No comments: