Monday, March 10, 2008

When Brigid sang to the Trees

So when I was in Boston last summer, shopping for beads for wedding jewelry, the bride fell in love with this string of tourmalines. I said I'd make her something out of it, and I finally have managed to have all the pieces in the same place at the same time. (I couldn't find a pendant. Then when I found a pendant that would work, I couldn't find my silver hashi. So I used the pendant in another piece. Then I found the hashi. Found a new pendant about 2 weeks ago, and discovered some motivation yesterday. However, motivation not being equal to time, I just managed it this evening.)



This is "When Brigid sang to the Trees," a tourmaline and pewter piece (though that tail and the silver hashi are sterling). It's not particularly big, and I had to move down to my extra fine softflex to string this, and still lost 5 or 6 of the beads to fractures. I had planned on making it longer and just couldn't manage it with the fragility of the tourmaline. Private sale.

No comments: